Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A replacement???

Last night Garrett wrote about a snail he caught. Of course he's learning to spell and many words aren't correct and I don't bother to say anything. However he had misspelled "Good" as "God" and after much praise on the fine work he did I mention as kindly as I could about how to spell good. Needless to say I severely hurt his feelings. I tried to repair the damage but it was no use. A bit later I was in Rylee's room when I could see him out of the corner of my eye standing in the doorway. I looked over and he had a tear running down his cheek and a backpack on. "What are you doing bud?" I asked. "I'm running away from home!" he says as he very slowly walks down the hall. I don't know that I've ever wanted to hold back a tear and a chuckle at the same time. I shuffled him back to his room and sat him on my lap and told him how sad I would be if he left and was doing all I could to apologize and convince him to not leave home when Rylee pipes up, "Well, maybe God will give us a new Garrett."

No comments: