Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All about me week

After my 18th birthday it just didn't seem that birthday's have been super exciting (except for my surprise 30th party...thanks mom). Not that I don't feel loved but I'm a grown up and birthday's are for kids, right! This year was different and probably part of that was my attitude and mostly because of so many of my sweet friends and family. I let it be all about me this year and it felt good to be so selfish...I highly recommend it once in awhile.
On Sunday Shellie had us over for a delicious steak dinner and homemade apple pie that she made just for moi! I didn't even clean up a single dish. Then on Monday she took me for a pedicure and oh how nice that was. My mom watched my kids while I was gone and had helped them make cards to give me the next morning. So Tuesday morning I wake up to my kids so anxious to give me their cards. They were both T-Rex b-day cards, of course, and what mom wouldn't love that. They were so cute and kept giving me hugs all morning. Then my mom watched them while I went to the Healing Cottage for a splendid 1 hour massage. I'll give you her number if you want - she's incredible! So after a little more pampering and a few errands I picked up my kids and played with them for a bit before I dropped them off at my friend Kim's who so graciously offered to watch them while I went to lunch with my parents and Alisa. I picked Applebee's and thoroughly enjoyed my crispy orange chicken bowl with my family and opened presents. I returned home with my kids to find several phone calls singing me the birthday song and dozens of emails from my friends. Did I feel loved....you betcha! I played with the kids during the afternoon and then I took them to Shellie's since she offered to watch them while we went to dinner with Kim and Layne. More good food, friends and relaxation. Ahhh, this is the life! Too bad every day couldn't be like this. The evening didn't stop with more visits and calls from friends. The playing continued all week and finally ended the following Sunday with a yummy dinner at my mom's. I think my kids were a little tired of all my attention and loudly protested that it was no longer mommy's birthday! Hands down one of my best birthday's ever! Thanks everyone for treating my like Queen for the Day!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am sooo glad you had a fun birthday!! I still have your gift!! See you soon!