Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The December Blur

It just went by to fast. There wasn't enough time...or more accurately, I didn't have enough energy to really "do" Christmas this year. But we managed just the same.

Fruit Salad has nothing to do with Christmas but I thought it was so cute when Garrett came home from Kindergarten with his take home book entitled "Fruit Salad" with instructions on how to make one. He was thrilled when I suggested we make one for lunch. He and Rylee helped pick out and cut up all the fruit and they even ate it!

These two are just too cute.

Rylee and her best buddy Hannah.

They just make me laugh!

On the 6th I took the kids and my mom for lunch at Spaghetti Factory and to see Santa at the mall. Garrett hopped right on his lap and told him a few things that he wanted and Rylee wouldn't even take the free sucker from him. Maybe next year!

On the 10th my parents took us (me, Jon, Alisa and Brian) to dinner and then to the temple to do sealings for family work that had been worked on throughout the year. This has become a tradition around Christmas and I love it. Taking a step back from all the commercial parts of Christmas and do something extra special. This year was still great the only difference was after one hour my fingers had swollen to sausages and I had to squeeze me feet back into my shoes long enough to walk out of the temple.

On the 11th Shellie and I took the kids to see Utah Regional Ballet's The Nutcracker. This was Rylee's first year to attend and she couldn't wait.

She sat on the edge of her seat (or my lap) the whole time and enjoyed watching all the beautiful ballerinas.

My very own Rudolph's came flying through the house.



On the 17th was the Christmas Sing and school. Garrett promised he'd sing loud for us. Singing at all was exciting for me!

Isn't he cute! He just grinned ear to ear when he saw me, Rylee and his grandmas in the audience.

That same night Shellie had the kids over for her Polar Express sleepover. When I picked Rylee up the next morning I thought something looked different but we were in a hurry and it wasn't until we got home that I realized she had these new sweepy bangs. She was insistent that "Nana said my hair was too long so she cut it." It wasn't until after a bath and I could really see we had a slight mullet going on since not only were there bangs but the sides had been cut too. I questioned her again and she only said "don't tell Nana". A few minutes later Shellie calls and says she just got back home and found a ball of hair in her hallway and was anyone at our house missing it!

The little stinker with her new do (after a professional fix). Luckily it wasn't a drastic cut and we had something to still work with.

My cuties ready for church!


On the 21st we of course welcomed our sweet Austin James

and were able to bring him home on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day!
Garrett and Rylee were so patient while I finished feeding Austin and changing his diapers before we opened presents. This was one of the redeeming parts of the day...seeing these happy faces.


The much anticipated and constantly asked for pillow pets. They didn't disappoint!






The aftermath...where did the presents go?

This was the other redeeming part.

Garrett made Jon and I a present in school (a snow globe) and this was my favorite gift of the day- the card.


"I hope you like this card"
He was so proud!

Rylee ready for church in her new dress from Grandma Sue and Papa!


Holy cow! I have three kids!


The rest of the month was spent holding, loving and snuggling our "Christmas Baby" as Garrett nicknamed him.

3 comments:

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Love that picture of the three kids together. I'd say Rylee did a rather fine job of cutting her hair. That little fashionista! It looks adorable!

Robyn said...

You have got your hands full with that girl, I'm glad you had another boy. Tooo funny! What a cutie Austin is!!! I also love the picture of the three kids together, it's funny how a moment will make you catch a glimpse at reality.

Looks like a beautiful Christmas!!!!

Grandma Sue said...

Okay, I seriously have the cutest grandkids in ALL the world!!!