Sunday, February 20, 2011

Highs and Lows

I'll start with the lows since it leads into the highs.

Thursday morning I woke up to see our beloved twirly tree down for the count.

I knew it was coming. I mean how long could you stand up if all your weight was only on your front half? Regardless, it was painful to see him go. I will miss giving you your "haircut" every year twirly tree. May you rest in peace and the greenwaste.

Next I went to bed Thursday night feeling a possible cold coming on. I woke up Friday morning to the cold welcoming committee. "I don't need this" I protestest, "go away!"

I remembered Jon's aunt swearing by ZICAM. So I thought it was worth a shot. I picked some up Friday afternoon and started taking them - every three hours just like it says. I woke up Saturday morning and am now a believer myself.
(Can you see the low turning into a high???)

Now I was nervous about the cold on Friday because I was heading to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU and didn't want to miss it. I'm grateful I was able to see the beautiful work from this artist. You may recognize some of his work, such as...

If you haven't gone to this exhibit yet get there soon it leaves in May. Enjoy and be uplifted and inspired!

And last but not least...

CUPCAKES!!!
Alli brought me these delicious morsels. They tasted as good as they looked. Yummy! And the visit was even better.

2 comments:

Grandma Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Sue said...

How many times have I been over since last Thursday and didn't even notice the tree missing? That's when you know the thoughts of seeing grandchildren overpowers ALL else. Sorry for your loss.