Saturday, November 21, 2009

Halloween Fun!

We celebrated Halloween all week long....
We had a party with our "foster kids", Natalie and Daniel (they're the kids I watch). We played Halloween bingo, made pumpkin and bat rice krispy treats, watched a spooky show...
and painted pumpkins!
Garrett had parties at Talking Time and Preschool so he was in heaven getting to dress up so many times. Little story here - Shellie had bought the darling fairy costume for Rylee and when we tried it on her Garrett started to cry. "Where's my costume?". He was devasted. I starting showing him costumes on the internet. "What does an indian do?" "What does a cowboy do?" "Spiderman is not my favorite!" So when I'd exhausted all my options a brilliant idea popped into my little brain...."Garrett, would you like to be a paleantologist?" "YES!" So there we had it, the perfect costume for my little buddy.

My parents had the grandkids over for a "super fun" (Garrett's words) party...

My kids were mystified by the witches brew!
A little leaf raking to consume a bit of time before trick-or-treating.
FINALLY! They waited until 4:00 and then couldn't stand it any longer. They were so cute knocking at the doors - this is why I love Halloween now.
Rylee as "Tinkerbell" or any fairy for that matter!
My little cuties anxiously awaiting their treats.
We hit our neighborhood then to Jon's Grandparents then to Shellie's for dinner and made it around her neighborhood.
We finished up at my parents house and Garrett was delighted with his ginormous carmel apple. Yummmmmmy!

2 comments:

McCall said...

Cutie patooties!! I love their costumes....especially loved the pic of them both standing at the front door, waiting patiently for "trick-or-treat." Great idea with the target bag bib, BTW.

Amanda said...

That leaf-smile picture is my favorite! Cute pics, jaim!