Tuesday, January 19, 2010

December Week 3

Nothing says Christmas like the dentist. Hey, not all of December is about fun and games.

Clearly Rylee wasn't having any fun. But for her first visit she did pretty good until they reclined the chair and the ultimate fear set in. And that concludes our visit to the dentist.


Garrett had a visit from Mrs. Claus at Talking Time. He's been so good he was even in HER book!

I got to have lunch with my friend Jamie (who also has a son Garrett, ha ha) for her birthday...without kids! We had a great time and I got to know her a lot better. Always a bonus!

On the 17th was Garrett's preschool program. They sang fun songs and did the Nativity. Garrett was Joseph and Sydney was Mary. What a cute little family!

He sang a few words to the songs but the best part was when he saw Daddy in the back and lit up and just smiled away! He loves his preschool!

After the program we came home and made a gingerbread house. My friend Kris' family has their own gingerbread festival. They're pros. I'd asked her for the recipes to which she replied her mom had them but started giving me some of the details. It sounded so detailed and labor intensive I opted for the $10 kit at the store. The kids didn't mind and I didn't go nuts. Good call!

My book group got together for lunch - no book - at Zupas. It's a tradition because December is so busy we know we won't be able to read... so we eat! Can't beat that!
That afternoon we had a Gray's Great Grandkid party at our house. Jon's cousins came with their kids so they could all play. Although I had many things planned for this event, all they wanted to do was run around and squeal. Which quite honestly I expected and was just fine to sit and visit. However, I didn't get a single good picture of all the little stinkers.

Saturday was our ward party. The food was good, the entertainment was good and the company was good. Overall we had fun! The primary kids put on the Nativity and Garrett wanted to be a donkey. My little guy knelt on all fours and, I was told, was reverently saying in his best donkey voice, "he haw, he haw". I think we have an actor in the making!

(although these are a little blurry, you get the idea)
The morning ended with a visit from Santa. This time Rylee was willing to overcome her fear when she realized all the kids were getting a sack of goods from the old man. She sucked it up and was able to get her treats too!

No comments: