Tuesday, January 19, 2010

December Week 1

Wow! December came and went before I got a chance to breathe. So in an attempt to sum up our festivities I'm posting by the weeks of December. Hang in there!

Garrett and Rylee loved decorating the trees. Garrett's little tree in his room received no parental help. I love the mass of star tinsel sitting at the top! I loved more, the great pride they felt when they showed me their finished masterpiece. At least the baby Jesus made it to the front of the tree this year!

Stopped in the process of decorating the downstairs tree to take pic and show off Garrett's freshly grown antlers (this was not intentional, but pretty funny)!

Garrett's turn this year to add Great Grandma's crocheted angel!

This week Lindsay and Javier also flew in from Cincinnati to perform with the BYU Symphony. Although our visits were very short I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and we got to enjoy a yummy dinner at Osaka afterwards with them. Linds and Jav are two of the most talented people I know.

On the 4th Mom and I took the kids to the mall to see all the Christmas decor and really just to get out of the house. Garrett spotted Santa and hopped right up on his lap and told him he wanted a dinosaur and a train. Rylee wasn't so sure about Santa. But we had a fun, relaxing time and topped of the day with 1 pound of Mrs. Cavanaugh's French Mints...our FAVORITES!!!

On the 5th we had family pictures. We had scheduled to take them outside but the weather of course was horrible. Inside it is! The problem with this is the flashes. Jon's eyes DO NOT tolerate the bright lights so we got five frames in and had to stop. Honestly, everything you hope doesn't go wrong when trying to get pictures happened. Needless to say, Lyndi did the best she could with our "special" group and we did get a few good pics. Ah, better luck next time.




This face pretty much sums up our 2009 Family Picture experience!

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Okay, I LOVE your family pictures. I need the details on Lyndi (was that the name). I at the very least need to get my kids ASAP!

Lots in December and you it made it all to the blog . . . impressive.

Paul and Alli Watson said...

The family pictures are great! You look so pretty. I'm glad you finally posted and I was able to catch up with everything going on. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and were super busy. The kids are as cute as ever and I love reading the stories about them!!!

Amanda said...

The antler pic is my fave! I wouldn't have noticed had you not pointed it out!! CUTE family pics!!