Monday, March 8, 2010

Birthday Girl

March 6, 2007 this little cutie, Rylee Marie, joined our family!
She has been so much fun, even with her A-TTI-TUDE, in fact it just makes her more fun. She is such a good sister to Garrett and loves being with him...sometimes to the point that Garrett will lock himself in his room for some privacy. She has already mastered the art of pestering! What are little sisters for? Ry loves to read books, dance, play with friends, help me bake, dress-up and so much more.

This year was no surprise when she said she wanted a Princess Party and she specifically asked for a Belle cake. I tried my best and after 2+ hours (not including baking time) I got this.

I always wanted one of the "Barbie" cakes so I hoped she would like it too! I filled her room with balloons so when she woke up the ceiling was covered with yellow, pink and purple. She loved it! I think that will have to be a tradition. Then she immediately asked to see her cake. I don't think she understood at first that it was in fact a cake. I let her eat one of the mini cupcakes and she got it. And said it was "beautiful" that makes all the work worth it!

She opened presents from us and loved the Princess jewelry! Garrett was so sweet. When he saw that she had presents he ran back to his room, "Ry, I have a present for you too." And out he brought his favorite Lightning McQueen blanket for her. Then he ran back a second time and gave her a ceramic butterfly he painted, "because you love butterflies, Ry!". She followed up the cuteness after she opened a card from her great grandparents filled with dollar bills and gave one to each of us. Too cute! We got ready and headed to Sportsman's Warehouse just were every 3 year old girl loves to hang out. Okay it was for Jon, but to tell the truth, my kids love it. Then we went to Taco Amigo for lunch and on the way home Jon asked if she wanted to go bowling....

of course she wanted to - and she won!

We visited Grandma and Grandpa Smith and she got to open presents there too.

We invited my family and Jon's family for pizza and cake...princess attire optional. My awesome nephew Alek tapped into his feminine side and dressed up too - even if it was just for a few minutes.

One of my sweet Laurels, Jessica, was happy to come as a Princess and bestowed her crown on Rylee. As you can see she was a little unsure of the REAL LIVE Princess but she soon was in love and was sad to see her have to leave for the castle.

She is definitely my little princess. We had dinner, opened presents and had cake and ice cream and she loved every minute of it! Happy Birthday Tootsie!

7 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

From your last few blog postings I surmise that you guys are as obsessed with Taco Amigo as we are. Twice a week, and I'm not exaggerating.

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Great job on the cake!!! I am mucho impressed!!!

Robyn said...

What a great Mom you are! The cake turned out great!!!!

Ps. Looking forward to book group.

The Nash's said...

That is an impressive princess Cake! You've got some serious skills friend! What a good mom you are! I may have to steal your balloon idea that is fun! P.S- I have done the same thing with the age thing, like when I am watching the bachelor(yes I watch the bachelor and I am not afraid to admit it! :) and I am like at least 5-7 years older than many of them, I am like "WHAT, when did I become an old frumpy mom!" :(

Grandma Sue said...

Your cake was spectacular! Such a fun party for such a sweetie!!! We love her! I promise I'll make you a Barbie cake this birthday - k

Bellonfamily said...

Nicely done on the cake my friend. It's not as hard as it looks huh!? She's a cutie.

Amanda said...

I, too, love the cake! So cute! Happy BDay!