Monday, March 8, 2010

February Fun

For such a drab month we managed to have a little fun...
  • The YW and YM had a dance on the 3rd. I had to bring Ry and Garrett for the first hour until Jon could pick them up. This was no ordinary dance...they had DJ equipment, fog machine, lights, etc. The kids were in awe but had no problem getting in on all the action. Ry spotted one of the Young Women across the room and very excitedly said, "Momma look it's Hannah Montana". So cute....but how does my little girl know who Hannah Montana is???
  • Garrett and Jon went to the Primary PJ'S Party which stood for Pray, Journal, Scriptures. They made prayer rocks, a journal, and a book mark for their scriptures. They were also given a pillow case with a poem about all of those things. We have an awesome Primary Presidency!
  • Went to the dino museum with Amanda and crew and of course had lunch!
  • The kids and I made Valentine cookies. They were so excited and actually were pretty good helpers.
  • Kim and I took our kids to lunch and shopping. And over all the kids were pretty darn good...except when Tootsie lost my bracelet! Aargghhh!
  • Kim and Layne invited us and the Olson's over for pizza for "home teaching"! Nice!!!! We should do that every month :). We watched the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics and played a little Rock Band.
  • For Valentines my sister invited the kids over for a party on Saturday night allowing Jon and I a chance for a romantic date. We went to Taco Amigo. Let me explain...we're not that lame, just not very patient. After we dropped the kids off we called Tepanyaki's to find there was a 90 minute wait. No thanks! I suggested something fast - Cafe Rio. Ha! The line zig zagged through the obstacle course and back to the door. PASS! So Taco Amigo it was and it was very pleasant. In fact, I think there was only one other couple there...poor souls.
  • On Sunday, the actual heart day, we had a pizza party with Shellie and Jordan.
  • That Wednesday Jon and I did make it out for a yummy post V-day dinner at Tepanyaki's where we walked right in and got seated. Now that's romantic!
  • Had a fun girls night with my old roomies at Texas Roadhouse. Always a good time and a good laugh especially when headed to the bathroom and I slipped on the tile and almost took out myself and the waitress. That was really fun!
  • A dream came true with the purchase of U2 tickets! If only June were next week. I'm so excited.
  • Our semi-annual Logan migration! The kids absolutely love LOGAN. We did exactly the same thing we did last year...

Went to Hardware Ranch to see the elk herds...

Let them pick out toys at King's...dinner at Fireside Pizzeria...swimming...


wait until they pass out....breakfast...Willow Park Zoo....drive home. They still talk about it!
  • Registered my little buddy for KINDERGARTEN!
  • Had our long lost friends, the Degelbeck's, over for dinner. All our kids love each other and they had super fun dressing up as princesses, Peter Pan and Captain Hook.
  • Went on Garrett's fieldtrip to the grocery store and the fire station. They know STOP! DROP! and ROLL! by heart now! I did find out that G is quite the story teller - when the fireman asked if there were any questions and he told him "last week we had a fire in our house and our pet bird died." 1-We've never had a fire. 2-What pet bird?
  • Girl's Night at Blue Lemon - one of my favorites! We have started a book swap when we get together and so I got to pick "Life of Pi" which I've wanted to read forever just haven't gotten around to it yet. I love my girls!
  • Got tickets to Dave Matthews....U2 and Dave in the same summer. I couldn't be happier!!!
  • Finally, to end the month, Mom and Dad had us over for a game night. We had dinner and then all of us played BINGO with prizes and all. Rylee had already scouted out what she wanted from the prize table. Luckily, she got a Bingo early on so her night was made.
And that sums up our February...now I can't wait for SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

Okay, the pet bird thing cracks me up. What a funny boy!