Friday, March 19, 2010

Two new ways to tick me off....

...hurting my kids in any way, shape or form (okay that's really not new, just reinforced when it actually happens). My sweet mom offered to watch my kids so I could go to the temple. She left a message on my phone to let me know they had gone to the park and to come there when I was done. As I pulled up to the park they were all standing on the sidewalk and I could tell something was amiss. Mom informed me that 4 boys (about 11-13 years old) stole Garrett's scooter from right behind them while they were playing. WHAT THE WHAT? Poor Garrett's head was hung so low and he was trying not to cry. We jumped in the car and drove the direction another mom thought she saw them go. To no avail, they were gone. I'm making a sign to put up on the corner of the park.... "WANTED - Blue Razor Scooter stolen from the park. WANTED FOR A WHOOPIN' - the 4 punks who would steal from a 5 year old!!!"

....wasting my money. My friend Loren and I signed up to take a cake decorating class through UVU community ed. It was $39 and the supply list was as follows: 1 lb. buttercream frosting, 1 lb. fondant, rolling pin, 8" round baked cake. So we both showed up with the assigned items. First of all, there were several other supplies necessary that were not indicated nor provided by the instructor (who basically told us she learned so much on YouTube...maybe I should have sent my money to them!) Then, 45 of the 60 minutes was instruction on how to soften and roll out fondant and then MAGICALLY lay it on top of the cake. SERIOUSLY??? I read that on the box when I bought it. At the end of the handout for the class was another supply list for the next class. WAIT, when I read the class description it listed 4 items on the supplies list. The 2nd class supplies included such items as Fondant Tool Kit and mini flower cookie cutters (which can be purchased for about $20). Can you feel my frustration yet? The third class was last night and we were working with buttercream frosting. She showed us how to use the different tips and other than roses...which hopefully will come in handy and be the one thing I LEARNED...I read the same instructions that came in the frosting bag/tip box. My point is....this class seems utterly worthless. I'm asking for a refund!

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I think you should make TWO signs. One for the park and one for the classroom door.

Paul and Alli Watson said...

I was so mad when I read this post and then I was thinking about it again as I was driving home from work the other night and getting mad all over again!! How dare those boys steal Garrett's scooter! I honestly can't believe it. If you need help making signs, maybe you could ask Tristin. :) She sure is crafty. Just kidding. I'll help too.