Monday, August 18, 2008

I gave in!

All the astonished faces of my friends when told I don't have a blog has finally broken me down and so today it starts....even though you all know I have snail paced internet. Okay, this really has more to do with my guilt over not keeping a very good journal. I'm hoping this will be a more convenient way to record the "goings on" of my family and all the cute things my kids do that "I will never forget" but somehow just can't recall. That is my goal-we'll see how it goes.

In the wee hours of the morning (around 1 or 2 am) Garrett comes into my bedroom and wants to crawl in. I get up and tell him he needs to go back to his bed when he starts protesting. He says "thews bees in my bed they gonna sting me". I go back to his room fan the sheets to show him there are no bees - it's just a fly. He's still not convinced so I offer to lay down next to him. He crawls back into bed and I throw myself down next to him...kinda. I didn't quite make the bed entirely. Don't get me wrong I hit enough of the mattress to bounce me back into the air and fling myself onto the floor. In my attempt to not land on my back or create a ruccus I did the equivelant of a belly flop - though not really on my belly. Okay it was early and I really don't know how I landed, all I know is I pulled my hamsting in my left leg and all the muscles from my hip to my c-section down to my thigh on my right leg. I crawled back on to the bed and told Garrett "whoa, momma fell off the bed". He actually started giggling and says "momma, you silly". I'm still in pain. The fly must die.

8 comments:

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Ok - that was hilarious! Hopefully there will be many more funny stories to come in the future. Welcome to blogging!

Amanda said...

Okay!! So you caved- and started with a BANG! I hope you can recover from that- but yes- the fly must die!! Mu-hahhahh!

Kristie said...

Yeah!! I am sorry you had to have such a accident in order to snap you into blogging:) but we are glad you caved!

Becca Hatch said...

Welcome to the world!! I will admit I am an addict. Check us out by clicking on my name or going to hatchadventures.blogspot.com. Thanks to my blog I am totally over being guilty about not keeping a journal. Glad to hear someone else has middle of the night fiascos.

McCall said...

Yeah, Jamie! You have a blog! You may have inspired me to post on mine since I haven't done it all summer!

Ashleigh said...

Welcome to the blogging world . . . finally! Poor Garrett! We had a snake biting Addison's arm in the middle of the night . . . though we never found any evidence. At least you had some eveidence of something.

Grandma Sue said...

Jamie, you make me laugh. I'm going to love your blog. Sorry, about the injuries.

Louisa said...

Yes, this is why you need to blog. The funny stories and the fact that it has been way too long since we've talked! Keep those posts coming! Kill the fly and heal quickly!