Thursday, August 28, 2008

Simply Inspiring!


I love girls nights and last night was one of the bests. My gals (Amanda, Ashleigh & Kris) and I went to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts at the U of U to see the exhibit Monet to Picasso and it was extrodinary!!! They displayed several artists but my favorite was the Van Gogh (see the bottom of my blog for today's Van Gogh painting). To see with my own eyes his brush strokes of heavy paint that create a masterpiece is simply inspiring! When I figure out how to put pictures from the web of some of my other favorites, like Rodin's The Thinker statue, I will add that. I would highly recommend going, it is a visiting exhibit and will only be there until Sept. 21. You can check out the website at www.umfa.utah.edu/monettopicasso

Afterwards we headed to Friday's to grab a bite and again...fabulous. We all ended up getting the same dish - Parmesean crusted chicken with tortellini. I only add this because I would recommend that too! I was impressed to get such an interesting dish there and for the record I ate 5 cherry tomatoes. I know I shock myself but sometimes you just go crazy on girls night!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We are three wild and crazy girls! I am going to post this, too besides making it to my #1 spot on my top ten! GREAT idea to go to the museum- you are awesome!