Friday, August 22, 2008


I really hope nothing happens to us in the middle of the night and emergency workers storm our home since Jon and I now wear these attractive yellow shooting ear muffs. Rylee, who's otherwise a pretty good sleeper, has been a wild child the last week or so. She's been getting up 4 and 5 times during the night just crying. Usually I've gotten up at least once to soothe her back to sleep (which takes an HOUR). So Sunday night I said "it's enough, she' just going to have to cry it out from now on". Thus, I reintroduced the earmuffs (we used them with Garrett also). They work pretty good too! Now I'm told it only takes 2 or 3 nights for kids to learn the the routine and start sleeping better. Night five came last night but with no improvement - in fact worse! I did give in and got up with her for two hours. This evening I notice a little tooth has popped through on the bottom. I start looking around more and my oh my there's a molar trying to break through on the top...and another on the other side. The gum around this tooth however is swollen and purple (I assume from blood underneath). Do you think this is why she can't sleep? I'm such a good mom!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

You've been spending some time on your blog and it looks great! Anyway, I'm sure that when I've said things about letting your kids cry it out, I NEVER EVER said even when the poor baby is teething!! I love the earmuffs! I'm going to get those the next time around, sometimes my earplugs just don't do the trick! See you soon.

Amanda said...

Oh! It's always the teeth! Love that picture of the two cuties! Rock on...

tiff said...

Ha ha--I love the muffs....that's awesome! What an ingenuitive mother you are!

Yanceyfam said...

You crack me up! You can join the mother of the year club with me. cute blog.