Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Nine years ago I married my best friend! January 6, 2000 was a freezing day (not as bad as today) but one of the most wonderful days of my life. I remember waking up quite early so Amanda, my BFF, could come over and do my hair and then Jon picked me up to drive to the temple together. Waiting in the celestial room was so peaceful, I think we were the only ones in the room, and then we walked into the sealing room to see our family and friends. It was so overwhelming and joyous and the sealing was beautiful. The rest of the day went great and we had such a fun time seeing everyone throughout the day. It was a special day...but every day since then has been special! I love being married to Jon - he's an awesome husband, daddy, friend, confidante, and provider. Thanks for 9 great years...and many more to come!!!

7 comments:

rachelli said...

Happy Anniversary! One more year and its a decade? You can't be that old!!! Also, I think you've forgotten...its your turn for lunch...you had a specific place in mind...remember???

Kim said...

Congratulations! I have to say, you both look VERY young in that picture!

Amanda said...

Aw, that is the cutest picture, ever. Congrats to you two! Can you believe 9? (Did I hear a niner in there?) Nice.

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations! 9 Years! It feels like yesterday. Okay, not yesterday, but not 9 years ago!

Paul and Alli Watson said...

Congratulations! I remember that day and how beautiful and happy you were. You guys are a great couple!

tiff said...

Happy Anniversary! Did you do something fun? You'll have to tell us on your next post.

McCall said...

Loved catching up on your blog tonight. Happy Anniversary week!