Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ringing in the 10 o'clock New Year


2008 Group Shot
Ansen & Ashleigh, Me & Jon, Kris (Grin was working), Natalie & Greg
Thanks Jaxon (age 6) for being our photographer!

I can't remember how long our New Year's Eve tradition has been in effect (maybe 8 years) but it's always proven to be a great time. We hosted this year and truly out did ourselves with pizza but at least I set the table with my nice plates and glasses! We have such a wonderful time when we get together, we eat, laugh, relive the old college days, play games, and eat some more. As we've started families and the kids haven gotten older our party has gotten a little stressful trying to keep an eye on the kids and such. We also tried to wrap up early this year so we could get kids in bed a bit earlier - I think next year we may have to try sitters! Regardless, this year was still fun and I so enjoy my friendships with all of you. We missed the Day's but we will forgive you!


What cute kids! Max, Garrett, Addison, Lexie, Rylee, Olivia and Ella (Jaxon & Gavin were having too much fun in the basement I suppose).

Note: No alcohol was consumed before this pose. Just good ol' brotherly love!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

No Alcohol? Then we didn't miss a thing! (hee hee) We did miss out and I am sorry about that!! I think the 10 o' clock New Year is very kid friendly!!

Ashleigh said...

WOW! You're on a blog roll here with so many posts! Will you e-mail the New Year's Eve pictures when you get a chance. I need to post it too, but didn't take any pics! Thanks for the fun time and WE WILL GET TOGETHER MORE OFTEN!! If not for us, then for the 2 men who obviously love eachother.

Becca Hatch said...

What fun holidays! I loved your stories about Rylee's messy ways, and I also totally dug the bouquet! Good work!