Sunday, February 22, 2009

Logan or Bust (I still don't get that expression)

So what if my friend Kim took an impulsive weekend trip to Rome with her hubby...the Gray's just got back from a rather exotic trip to Logan, Utah. Okay I may be slightly jealous but we still managed to have fun on our getaway to good old Cache Valley. We went to Hardware Ranch which feeds 500-600 elk during the winter months. It was so cool to see these huge animals up close - and so many of them. They took us out on sleighs which the kids thought was just great! The sky was blue without a cloud to be seen and it was a balmy 45 degrees - we couldn't ask for better weather.








We went to eat at Firehouse Pizzeria and the food was fabulous. My friends rave about the FHzookie and it definitely met my expectations. YUMMY!

(Garrett took this picture for us - not bad for a 4 year old)
That night we took the kids swimming and they had a ball! They just think staying in a hotel is the coolest thing ever and would squeal and clap their hands everytime we'd ask if they wanted to back to the HOTEL!!! It's great that they can be entertained by so little! This morning we had a tasty breakfast at the hotel, loafed around the room and then headed to Willow Park Zoo before heading home. It was only about 25 degrees at the zoo so we didn't stay long but Garrett remembered it from when we visited in October and couldn't wait to see the coyote and the owl. Good times!

5 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

What a fun trip! We eat at Firehouse just about every time we go there.

My kids feel the same way about hotels- they love them.

Amanda said...

That IS a great picture by a four year old!! I think ANY getaway is great- ezpecially to dear old Cache Valley!! LOVE it!

Grandma Sue said...

Had no idea about Hardware Ranch. Did Jon take his gun : ) So glad you had such a great weekend!

McCall said...

Ahhhh...I miss Logan! Sounds like fun though I can't believe you went outside in 25 degree weather!

Kristie said...

what a great little get away I love that we can find so much fun right around us. My kids are the same way it wouldn't matter if they were in Layton or Paris the hotel is the greatest hense one of the reason's we didn't take them with us to Hawaii one of several that is. I can't wait for girls night