Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good Week

It's always nice to have a memorable week for all the right reasons. This week was one of those. Monday I took the kids to the Draper Temple open house with my mom and dad, Alisa and Kaisa. It was beautiful! The kids loved it and were surprisingly reverent through the whole tour. As we were walking in they handed us a little brochure and Garrett opened it up to find a picture of Jesus. He pointed it out to me and I reminded him that the temple was His home. He looked at me and asked, "Are we going to see Him?" I said, "probably not, but we'll see his pictures and feel His spirit." He seemed pretty satisfied with that answer and was quick to point out every picture of Christ in the temple. It was pretty sweet! After that we headed to IKEA for some shopping and lunch. I LOVE IKEA! I love that we can eat a yummy lunch, my kid gets to play in a great playplace for FREE while I find cheap things I never knew I needed. It's GREAT!!! Tuesday we hosted a dinner group with some couples in our ward. I was intrigued by an article that one of our guests was reading that I forgot about the garlic bread on broil in the oven until there was smoke rolling out. Other than that, we had great food, great conversation and enjoyed getting to know each other better. Wednesday I was able to have lunch with a former coworker and friend, Rachael. No kids, even better, thus able to actually catch up. Thursday was nice enough to take the kids to the park for a picnic with our friends Cami, Justin and Hannah. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!! I so enjoyed the 50 degree weather and sunshine on my face. Oh how I've missed you! That night I got my haircut - verdict is still out on that one. Hint = bangs! Then off to the Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts which was pretty fun. Friday I got to catch up on a bunch of things I wanted to get done around the house and make cards. Some days it's just nice not having to be anywhere. Saturday we headed to Payson for my sweet niece's baptism. They moved to Montana last November but came back here just for this. We haven't seen Madi and Jaden since their move so it was great to see their cute little faces and give them loves. Madi looked so darling and was incredibly excited for her big day. A fabulous way to end a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Good Times! I am with you on the IKEA thing- and Bobby is stoked to play in the playplace now that he is a BIG boy! Thanks again for the delicious lunch today- you are the bestest friend a girl could ask for!

Melissa Dudley said...

Maddi can not be this big can she? What a cute picture of all of them!