Monday, April 13, 2009

Same old story...

I started blogging thinking what a great alternative to writing in my journal since I so rarely cracked it open and put pen to paper. Now, my journal has reinvented itself with technology and I realized old habits are just hard to break. Finally after a month and a half I'm putting fingers to keyboard. So here is March in review...luckily we weren't too busy - or too interesting.

We started the month off on a sad note with the passing of Jon's grandpa. Grandpa Jacobs was an incredible person and is dearly missed. We were lucky to have been able to visit him so much over the last few months since Jon's mom was living with him. One of my favorite recent memories was Rylee crawling up in his lap (if you know Rylee you know she hardly "goes" to anyone other than me, Jon, and her grandmas) and falling asleep in his arms. It was such a sweet and tender moment. I think it meant a lot to him and definitely meant a lot to Jon and myself. This picture was taken four years ago with Grandpa, Shellie, Jon and Garrett (4 generations)!


On the 6th we celebrated "Tootsie's" 2nd Birthday!!! It's hard to believe our little princess has gotten so big. We had a great day! We took Garrett, cousin Kaisa and Grandma Sue with us to Chuck E. Cheese and then had family over that evening for cake and ice cream. She was thrilled with all of her dress ups! Although she is happy to play dinosaurs with her brother - she is definitely a girly girl and wants everything pink or purple.



Next came our on/off relationship with illness. I got a flu bug that sent me on a water and saltine cracker diet for 4 days. The benefit was that for those 4 days I didn't drink any Dr. Pepper and actually left me with a slight aversion to my once loved beverage of choice. I'm hoping it continues and gives me a little extra incentive to get in shape. The kids have also had their share of coughs, runny noses, fevers, etc. So much of our month has consisted of this.....

laying around in p.j.'s, reading books and watching movies. However, the bright spot is that our March left little to be desired in terms of weather so being sick gave us an excuse to lay around all day.
Some better days were ahead and I got to enjoy a great night out with Amanda and Kristie at one of my local favorites...Flour Girls and Dough Boys. After being cooped up in a house for days on end it really makes you appreciate these little moments in life where you can sit back with good friends and talk about everything and nothing! Jon and I finally went on a date and met my old roomies Alli and Tristin and their hubbies for dinner at Tucci's. I've never been there before but thought the food with really good. We were laughing at old times and reminiscing about some of our other strange roommates when Paul, Alli's husband, says "didn't you have a roommate that would put plastic baggies over her hands to eat Cheetos". That's about the time that I gave him a dirty look...it was me, I admit it. Ha ha! Good times, people, good CLEAN times.

To round the month out I got to watch my dear friend Amanda's children while she went to the doctors. It's been really nice that she lives in Riverton but her Dr. is in AF because I actually get to see her and her CUTE kids. They all got along so well and are just fun to watch. I think our little girls are going to grow up to be BFF's too! Aren't they sweet. We took them to McDonald's and got to visit - intermittently (that's why we do girls nights). What a month!


10 comments:

Kristie said...

Jam,

You sound like me but I haven't got to the catch up ye. I am just glad I am not the only one. It was so good to see you at church. Such cute kiddies I can't believe that Rylee is 2 time goes too fast.

Louisa said...

I am with you on the whole blogging instead of journaling. I used to be really into it, but find it harder to blog. Sorry to hear that you've been sick, but glad you're better. Your kids are so cute. Wish I lived closer to get in on some girl's nights!

Loren & Brody said...

Baggies...seriously?! I had no idea you were so weird :) So, it's been about a year since we've gotten together, which is fitting since we live 6 minutes from each other! Let's plan a BBQ for next month!

Amanda said...

I loved the reading picture- my favorite! Girls' night was great! Loved this post!

Becca Hatch said...

I think you are on to something- cheeto dust is disgusting and yet I still can't resist. Sorry about all the illness at your place- hopefully April is better!

Amanda said...

But didn't you have a roommate that had her own clingon mask?

Melissa Dudley said...

It sounds like you have had an interesting month! I am feeling ok- (pretty sick actually!) Tell the kids hi! We missed all of you at Easter!

Robyn said...

Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it this morning!!! The baggies got me, you are soooo funny. Love you, I need to do a lunch out just to remember I had a life before this new baby, you interested?

Grandma Sue said...

Jamie - I've never heard the Cheeto baggie story before - what a hoot!!!

rachelli said...

Thank goodness you finally posted something! I thought something awful had happened to you (well, more awful than illness!)!!