Saturday, April 25, 2009

48 Pound Baby and 'Tude

Today's moments that I always want to remember and that help me forget the less then stellar ones ...

After laying Rylee down for her nap I found Garrett looking at his books on the couch. I picked up my book and joined him. After a few minutes he looked at me with droopy eyes and said, "Momma, I'm so tired". He crawled over and laid on top of me just like he used to when he was a baby and fell asleep. The only difference is that my baby now weighs 48 pounds. Needless to say, I took a little nap with him and relished every moment.

Rylee's new "bit"
Me: "What do you have Rylee?"
Her: "A-TTI-TUDE"!
And she means it.

Last but not least, I laid next to Rylee in her new big girl bed while she was falling asleep. She asks for a story which I begin, as always, with..."Once upon a time there was a princess named Princess...(Rylee cuts in) TOOTSIE!!!" And then she giggles - she got me again! After her story she grabbed my hand and held on tight and then rubbed my cheek with her other soft, chubby hand. Baby hands, which by my definition are still "baby" until the dimples finally fade away and then I cry, are one of my favorite things about kids. She left her hand on my cheek while I watched her slowly fall to sleep. Yes, she is an angel!

Yes, my day was as lazy as it sounds!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahhh, fun. I love the At-ti-tude- you better video her saying that! You are one cute mommy.

rachelli said...

What a cutie!