Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Fun!


Easter Saturday we ventured over to my mom and dad's house for our annual Easter Egg Hunt and brunch. My kids definitely got into it this year (we practiced finding eggs at our house all morning). They were so cute and love spending time with family. This year my mom gave each kid a certain color egg to look for which was nice so everyone got the same amount of goods. That afternoon Shellie invited the kids to her house for a little one on one. They made popcorn and watched Bolt, had another hunt and made rice krispie nests. It was a great day...especially because both grandmas did a good job at not overdosing the wee ones with sugar. Good work Grandma Sue and Nana!



Sunday we had another lesson on the true meaning of Easter. I had cut out a tomb, stone and picture of Christ so they could visually see that He was laid in the tomb and then was alive again. I think it was one of Garrett's favorite things. He insisted on taking it to church and played with
it all day.
We had my parents, Jon's mom and brother Jordan and our friend Cheri over for dinner that night. How blessed we were to be surrounded by family and friends....and yummy food too!

5 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

The fact Garrett wanted to take your Easter lesson to church speaks volumes about what a great teacher you are! We sure did enjoy some great food on Sunday - thanks for having us.

Amanda said...

It's the Grandma's job for sure! So cute in their little Easter outfits!

Ashleigh said...

Love Grandmas! I keep thinking I should "take out" as mother, but she does it so well.

Robyn said...

Love the picture of them all dressed for church. Reminds me of me and my brother. Too fun!

Kim said...

Did you get over your aversion to DP yet?