Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conference Cuties

Garrett and Rylee were so cute during conference this weekend. Saturday morning I announced that conference was starting and Garrett ran out of his room with his "Conference Activity Packet" and yelled, "Yay! I'm so excited to listen to President Monson". He watched as the different speakers got up and would find the picture of them in his packet and grin ear to ear when he'd find the match. Ry sat on my lap and Garrett was sitting on Jon when the two boys started talking. Rylee looked over at them and said "Shhh Daddy it's time to be reverent." Ha ha. Way to be put in your place. So they lasted about the first 45-60 minutes of each session and then would start running around, playing ball or other games but we had great fun together. During every prayer on Saturday and Sunday they would thank Heavenly Father to be able to hear or see the Prophet. It was so sweet and a testimony builder for myself, especially when so many of the talks seemed to focus on families, moms, and raising our kids properly. It reminded me of so much I can improve on and now is the time to do it when they're still ready and eager to learn.

No comments: