Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Eggstravaganza

Easter activities started early this year. Mom and Dad had us over Monday night for dinner, Family Home evening and the 3 egg hunts...yes, three. Each kids is assigned a color of egg so everyone gets the same things and no one is left crying. The 2nd hunt is 2 eggs (one for kids and one for adults) with moola. The 3rd is actually a scavenger hunt to find the HUGE basket filled with goodies for everyone to share. Garrett started recounting the upcoming events weeks before the actual day because he loves it so much. We also had and FHE lesson on Christ and luckily all the kids knew what it is we truly celebrate on Easter.
Garrett was ecstatic every time he found an egg. His face was priceless!


Thanks Grandma Sue and Papa for all the fun!
Garrett got to color easter eggs and have an egg hunt at preschool and was kind enough to share some of his loot with Rylee.

Saturday we went to Jon's aunt and uncles for their annual hamburger/hot dog roast and egg hunt. The cool weather didn't stop the kids from running around like little animals looking for eggs.
(Rylee, Whitley, Aiden, Addy, Garrett)
This would be my daughter hiding behind the chair at Aunt Judy's after she ever so carefully emptied her cup of cream soda on my foot and the floor. Then she looked at me and said, "But it wasn't on purpose." Riiiiight!
And this would be Garrett hiding behind Nana in hopes that I wouldn't notice him eating another cookie.
Friday night the Easter Bunny was feeling a bit guilty that nothing had been purchased for the Gray kids yet until she realized how much they kids had already had that week and would still get. So the Easter Bunny went shopping and the only edible item that each kid got was a box of animal crackers. They didn't seem to even notice - thank goodness!


After conference we had my mom and dad and Jon's mom and brothers over for Easter dinner. It was so fun to have all of them there. I feel very fortunate that not only are we all comfortable around each other but we truly enjoy it.
Uncle Jer reading a book to Rylee. They were so cute together but I think it made my Dad a bit jealous since he's always trying to win her over.
Now it's time to throw away all the candy that's still sitting in my house before I eat it all.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Those are the 2 cutest "guilty" faces I've ever seen. I'd probably believe it was an accident if Rylee looked at me with that face!

I hope you're willing to gift the world with more cute kids with those faces . . . :)