Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Good question

Last week the kids and I walked to the library. Unlike in the past when Rylee & Garrett spent the majority of the time in the stroller, they both walked or rode their scooters nearly the WHOLE WAY. Now it ended up taking a good 3 hours to get there and back (including 1 hour spent in the library) but I was so proud of them. On the way home I had to make things a lot more interesting to avoid whining. We found patterns in bricks, noticed and talked about different flowers and trees, sang "Popcorn Popping" and made a connection to what they were singing about (now everytime we see a blooming tree Rylee says, "Look, popcorn on the apricot tree"), played a game called "I'm thinking of an animal..." We'd give each other clues about a certain animal and the other would guess. My 5 year old stumped me with this one, "I'm thinking of an animal that lives in Africa. It has tusks and can be brown or gray. It does not have a long nose:". Any guesses? He finally had to tell me it was a warthog! So fun. We also stopped at the 3 places along the route where the water comes through. At one such stop Garrett watched the water rushing down the culvert and commented, "Jesus made this water." I said "that's right he did make the water". Rylee then asks, "How did he turn it on?" Good question Ry! I love how their little minds work.

No comments: