Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Library Trip

This morning the kids and I headed out for a walk. I intended to get some exercise since I've seen so little of it lately. Garrett didn't want to cooperate and everything that somewhat caught his attention received a stop, play, ponder before moving on. Needless to say we managed to cover about 6-7 blocks in one hour and twenty minutes. Not our best record. So this afternoon, since the weather is just fabulous, I decided again to head out for a good walk. I decided to walk them to the Library...we needed to go there anyway. This adventure worked out for the most part and we got a good 2 mile walk in AND got library books to boot! There were some highlights that must be mentioned:
1-Passing by a home that seriously screams WT (I'm sure the lawn chairs are welded to the drive way, a dozen bicycles, 12 pack soda boxes everywhere, miscellaneous household items strewn about...you get the picture) Garrett looks over and says "hey momma, look it's a garage sale"
2-Passed by a home that has on it's large tree in the front yard the kooky tree faces you add during Halloween and a "No Trespassing" sign that say...U Know Who You Are. (*note to self: do not pass by here after dusk)
3-Garrett throwing a tantrum at the front desk while checking out the books because he didn't want to let them go long enough to scan them.
4-Stopping at Thrifty C to get a DP and a treat for the kids. My total came to $1.42. I grabbed the $1 from my pocket and then grabbed my wallet to get the rest of my cash, but alas, no more cash - not even change. Embarrassed I ask what the minimum charge is to use a debit card and I'll just grab some more stuff. The worker nicely says, "don't worry about it I got ya covered". She refused to let me pay the difference. There are still nice people!!! Thank you Thrifty C lady!

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

oh . . . life as a mother! gotta love it. olivia cried in the stroller the entire 25 minute walk to and from addison's school today because she didn't get to close the garage. love it.

Amanda said...

I can't believe you walked all the way to the library- are you SURE it's only 2 miles? Holy crap! I loved the garage sale comment- was it loud enough for them to HEAR?!! I have the same issue at the Library with Julia AND Bobby- here I am, trying to do great things- and we leave with people thinking "mean mother" because they are crying...

McCall said...

I love the Library Trip!

Louisa said...

Such fun childhood memories. I guess the "out of the mouths of babes" line fits in here. How cute! I don't walk with my kids anymore. I just strap them into my bike trailer and head out. It is starting to cool off a little here so we can spend time outside again. I'll be up in UT the week of the 28th. Maybe we can squeeze a quick visit in!?!

tiff said...

I can't believe you walked to the library either! That just seems so amazing to me.....

Do you have a double stroller, or was Garrett walking too?