Sunday, September 14, 2008

The List

A couple of my friends do a Top 10 of their week. I think it's a great idea so I'm going to copy them - thanks Amanda and Kris! I don't know that I can rank so I'm just going to give a chronological list of our Highlights (or lowlights). This way I can remember all the little and daily things that we do.
Highlights!
9/8/2008 - 9/14/2008
  • Taking Rylee for her 18 month check and knowing that she is healthy despite her on/off relationship with food - 22 lbs & 32 inches!
  • Getting flowers from my hubby
  • Enrichment Night Service Auction was so much fun and I "bought" a kid's birthday cake which is being redeemed for tomorrow (Garrett's birthday) and now I don't have to wonder how on earth I'm going to make the dinosaur cake he's been asking for every day for the last 2 weeks!!! Yippee for me!
  • Hitting old State Street American Fork with my mom to check out all the fun stores that have popped up and which we never make the effort to visit. Going to the "Husband & Wife" store was a little uncomfortable with my mom so it was a very brief walk through! Lunch at Tangie's Cafe was...interesting, although the club sandwich was quite good. The last time I was there it was "The Italian Place" and I was with my Grandpa Barratt. He gave me the cute little toothpicks that used to come in your sandwich so I had two. I would have been about 4 years old. What great memories!
  • Going with Ashleigh to Amanda's book review of "Breaking Dawn". Good food, good discussion, good times. Thanks Amanda!
  • Checking out the Gardens (again) with our friends Cami, Justin & Hannah! We can't get enough!
  • Shopping with Shellie (my mom in-law) all day. Finding the perfect bike for Garrett's b-day, getting the fabric for my curtains, lunch at Chick-fil-A, beautiful fresh produce at the new farmers market (I'm trying recipes from "Deceptively Delicious, I'll let you know how they turn out) and lots of visiting! A very successful outing!
  • Finding out that my sister McCall and her family are safe from the Hurricane Ike, just a little water damage, but everyone is okay. Thank goodness!
  • Watching Garrett shove cherry tomatoes in his cheeks and laughing hysterically at himself.
  • Garrett's prayers. He always remember the "little things" to be thankful for. This morning it was: Joann's house (his babysitter) and her "arnimals" and food, Grandma Sue's house, the Triceratops and Spike he got with Nana Gray, dinosaurs in general, being safe from "spookies, dragons, monsters and T-Rex's", and smoothies. Yes, we have much to be thankful for!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like the Highlights- this will be fun! It makes for good memories, later! I, too love to hear my kids pray- such sweet times.