Friday, December 5, 2008

Girls Night and a little more

Usually girls night is a few hours of dinner and chatting which I love and anticipate! This week girls night turned into girls "over"night for me, Amanda and Kris! What a fun 24 hours! Amanda and I headed up to Park City to meet Kris at her time share which was so nice. We went shopping to the outlets - I can't remember the last time I was able to go shopping and not worry about if my kids needed food, a diaper change, or what time I need to get home. It was so relaxing. Then we went to dinner and had some yummy pasta and pizza...and a little caffeine to help us mommies stay awake for the rest of the night. Then back to the Marriott where we sat around the fire (did I mention it was FREEZING!) and opened our Christmas presents to each other. Kris had this great idea to have a "favorite's party". So we each gave each other our favorite personal item and household item. We also brought our favorite treat to share and books to discuss. After getting on our lovely pj bottoms (thanks Kris) and slathering our hands in the yummy lotion (thanks Amanda) we relived the good ol' days and looked at Amanda's college scrapbook. We sure had fun back then - and still do! We watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, painted our toe nails and indulged in goodies. Finally we decided to go to bed. Thursday morning we chatted, got dressed and headed home. Amanda and I stopped at this fun boutique called "Oh Sweet Sadie" in West Jordan. It is three model homes filled to capacity with unique, crafty vendors. I can't tell you how much fun it was to spend time with my dear lifelong friends. There's nothing like girlfriends!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm SO glad you decided to post that picture- and not the outrageously obnoxious ones of me! It was a blast- relaxing, fantastic, yahoo. I owe you gas money!

tiff said...

That seriously sounds so fun. I'm going to find some friends and copy all of those ideas....

Paul and Alli Watson said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am definitely jealous you were able to do that. Anytime you want to have a girls night with me, I am up for it!