Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


We had such a fun day! Although this didn't include my children, I went to lunch with some friends from my old ward today and had a great time. A typical 5 minute drive to the restaurant took 15...so the roads were a little treacherous, but it was still worth it. After lunch my mom REALLY REALLY wanted to take the kids sledding at the park (she claims she'll stop sledding when she's 69). Fourty-five minutes of putting on snow gear we were ready to go. Garrett and Rylee were so excited and couldn't get there fast enough! They had a ball going down the big hills, having a snowball fight with the cousins, making snow angels and a snow fort.


Tonight Jon's dad, Gary, took us to the Brick Oven for dinner and it was so tasty! The kids actually behaved this time and we were able to have a good dinner and good conversation. The kids love their Papa and as soon as we got home wanted to be chased all over. Now, after such an adventureous day they are sleeping soundly and I will be too.

4 comments:

Paul and Alli Watson said...

I love reading your blog! You are always doing so many fun things. Can we switch places for a week? :-) That picture of Rylee on the sled is hilarious!

Grandma Sue said...

We sure had a great time sledding! Garrett and Rylee were darn cute!!! So do you want to go again tomorrow?

Amanda said...

GOOOO Sue! We went sledding today and it was way too much fun- something to plan on doing forever!

tiff said...

I love it! I'm going to be the sledding grandma when I grow up....