Monday, December 1, 2008

Gobble Gobble


Thanksgiving...what a great holiday. It drives me bonkers that radio stations start playing music after Halloween and stores stock their shelves with all things red and green before they can pull off all the ghosts and witches. Do they want us to skip over Thanksgiving? I don't get it. Anyway, I love Thanksgiving. I especially love Thanksgiving when my only food assignment is jello salad. :) I know I'm spoiled. We were invited to spend T day with Aunt Susan and Uncle John and their family. They are such wonderful hosts and even had toys for our kids. The company was fabulous and the food wasn't too shabby either. Okay Susan is a gourment cook and went all out preparing for 4 days for the feast of feasts! I even enjoyed her butternut squash soup (I know it falls in the vegetable catergory and thus should be excluded from my normal dietary routine - but it was good what can I say!). My cute little gobblers loved their turkey hats and hung out in the basement with the big kids and daddy so I actually got to visit with the grown ups. Ahhh! Thanks Jacobs family for a wonderfully pleasant afternoon!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

CUTE turkey hats! I am glad you had a great T-day! I agree- i LOVE Thanksgiving- but because it isn't a holiday that you can make money on- it gets skipped!

tiff said...

I love the turkey hats too. The butternut squash soup sounds delicious--did you get the recipe?