Wednesday, December 24, 2008

So begins 24 hours of Christmas Bliss!

It seems you put so much effort into Christmas preparations and then...poof...it's over before you have time to sit down and sip a little cider. This year was no different. Christmas Eve we went to my parents house with Alisa and her family, Ty (who flew in from Albequerque), and my mom in-law Shellie. We enjoyed a lovely dinner - except for the cheesy potatoes which I made, I'm so sorry about that I don't know what happened. Then came the traditional Nativity played by Kaisa (Mary), Thomas (Joseph), Garrett (cow) and Rylee (angel). With as few kids to participate and needing to fill "human" roles why would it surprise me that Garrett refused to be a shepherd or Wiseman? At least he didn't insist on being a dinosaur. Alek treated us to some beautiful piano pieces and Malin read Luke 2.


Finally came time for presents and my kids were thrilled. The anticipation of what's been behind Grandma's locked Christmas door would finally be revealed! Garrett was ecstatic with his new scooter


My mom has nicknamed Rylee as "Rylee Sober-sides". She's a rather pleasant child, it's just hard to get her to smile - so why should Christmas be any different? You'd think she was opening a pair of old socks or something.


Before bedtime we let them open one more present - Christmas Pajamas of course. Luckily, we're still at that stage where they are excited with new things to wear and anxious to put them on.

1 comment:

tiff said...

Cute cute hug--I love sibling love.