Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Burrrrr!




(Shellie & Rylee at the zoo, ready for bed at the hotel, Garrett's first bus ride, me and my kiddies on the "A")
Saturday morning I packed up everything my kids have ever touched, picked up my mom in-law and we headed out for a wild and crazy weekend in LOGAN! I know, not everyones first choice in vacation destinations, however I love Logan and wanted to visit. I have to say we picked the worst possible weekend to visit since temperatures peaked at 45 degrees - nevertheless, there was fun to be had. We went to Willow Park zoo where both my children apparently know how to do an elk call. Don't ask! We took a lovely drive up Logan canyon and to one of my favorite spots - Tony Grove. It was absolutely beautiful! We went swimming, ate at yummy restaurants including Hamilton's and a Logan staple "The Bluebird", shopped as much as the kids would allow, took Garrett on his first bus ride - he was thrilled), visited USU campus and made my kids sit on the "A" with me (I have a picture of my sisters and I kissing my dad on the "A" when I was probably 7ish, so I had to take my kids there - they wouldn't kiss me, the little turkeys). I got to see my former employer, Noelle, from Academic Services and just a great time remembering all of my college experiences....daily trips to the Quick Stop to get a juice and Tootsie Rolls, scanning the bookstore to get Chanel to walk around with me without her boss noticing, running through the sprinklers every night for weeks with Amanda, Kris, Ansen and the Bethers Brothers, going to wonderful (and some not so great) classes. Okay I could go on and on. It was just a lot of fun and I was glad I was able to go and show Shellie and my kids where I spent some of my happiest days....not that I want to go back though. The absolute highlight of the trip was on Saturday night while trying to get Rylee to bed. She wasn't diggin' the pack 'n' play but I was going to let her cry it out anyway until Garrett knelt down on the couch next to her and started singing "I Am a Child of God" until she calmed down. In the darkness of the room his sweet little voice was simply angelic! (This is only the second time I've ever heard him sing). So thank you for indulging me Shellie, Garrett & Rylee in a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

I love to visit Logan- I get as sentimental as you did, so it is always a good time. Did you try the sweet potatoes at Hamilton's? If not, you seriously missed out.

Louisa said...

I LOVE LOGAN!!! We have a dream of ending up there some day. Maybe once we're retired. It makes me miss it just reading about all of those things. My grandparents have passed away and now I don't have a real excuse to go there. I have fond memories of being your roomie for a part of my Logan memories. You girls were so much fun!

Amanda said...

Ohh! Love the picture even if they wouldn't kiss you! I too, LOVED my experience in Logan- with YOU! The tootsie rolls made me laugh! I remember that! Sounds like a GREAT weekend

tiff said...

That sounds like so much fun.

And by the way, the story about Garrett singing made me cry. What a sweet kid.